It’s the first time I try to save tomato seeds from the organic tomatoes plants I had in my plot and I was not sure if my seeds are good or not.
So I deside to try my seeds now. The weather is good like spring here, so I thought it has the right temperatures for growing my seeds. Now I have many seedlings and i don’t know what can I do with them because winter is coming soon.
I save seeds from 2 tomato varieties but I don’t know the names of these varieties because I just bought them from one nursery near the plot.
I also save seeds from my Yellow Pear tomato, but they are only 6-7 seeds and I don’t try them yet.
It’s time to make a list with my new tomato seeds and start searching about these varieties in the next months. Many thanks to Patrick and Steph from Bifurcated Carrots. They send me all these seeds and I can try them next year.
read more »
Did someone from Europe grew this tomato variety?
Did someone can send or sell me some seeds?
This variety is importand for me because it has the name of my city. Maybe some old people grew it here now, but they don’t know about varieties so it’s difficult for me to find this variety in Greece.
If you know where I can find some seeds for the next year please leave a comment.
I have many days to write something here, I know. I also have many days to write in my other greek blogs or take part in social media sites. I think I needed this pause. I needed time for me away from all. The summer is good for this pause I think.
- I received a letter with many tomato seeds from Steph and Patrick. I am very very happy with these seeds, I will try as much as I can next year. Thank you sooooooooooo much about this. Now I have all winter to search about these tomatoes.
Let’s see what happen in my container garden
- My cucumber plants are dead. They start have problem with lower leaves and then this came upper. I had no leaves at the bottom part and the plants were about 3 metres (I think its something like 6 feet). The good part about this is that I learn to understand the male and female flower. The first months I had only male flowers.
- My “White Bush Scallop” or Patty Pan Squash if you prefer, never make squash. I had only flowers, many flowers but I think they were only male flowers. I feel disappointed about this because we haven’t Patty Pans in Greece. I really wanted to see and taste them. I had 3 plants and I take off 2 of them now. No reason to keep them. The plants have a problem with some small whiteflies under their leaves.
- My atomic red carrots in containers are dead also. I will plant carrots again in right season this time because I had only leaves all these months and very very small roots.
- My tomato plants growing but I will write about this in other post.